Power Convertible Top
Convertible Hydraulic Unit
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise (close) the soft top to a position with the soft top cover raised and the fifth bow lowered (horizontal).
- Fold forward the rear backrest.
Disconnect or remove the following:
Cover over the hydraulic unit
- Lift up the hydraulic unit. Check the oil level in the oil reservoir.
- Lay out paper under the hydraulic unit to catch any oil spills.
- Unplug the connectors.
- Mark the hoses and remove the retaining bolts by the hose connections.
- Remove the cable tie securing the hoses.
- Remove hydraulic unit.
- To install, reverse removal procedure.
- Fill oil in the reservoir. Use specified oil.
- Run the soft top up and down 5 times and check the function. Check to make sure that there are no oil leaks.
- Check the oil level and top up if needed.
- Run the soft top to closed position and lock it to the windscreen frame.
- Connect the diagnostics tool, erase any diagnostic trouble codes.
Measure voltage to check for open circuits by performing the following:
Engage the load
Measure resistance to check for open circuits by performing the following:
Make sure the component or lead being tested is not carrying a current (e.g. by removing the associated fuse)
Check for short circuits to ground by performing the following:
Make sure the lead being tested is not carrying a current (e.g. by removing the associated fuse) and that any load has been disengaged
- Check components connectivity and functionality. Replace components as necessary.