The wheel bearings found in all Saab vehicles are sealed units requiring no adjustment.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Raise the car and remove the wheel.
- Press the brake pistons back using a pair of slip joint pliers.
Disconnect or remove the following:
Two brake unit retaining bolts. It may be necessary to undo the pipe connection. Suspend the brake caliper with a cable tie
- Clean the contact surfaces using a wire brush.
Connect or install the following:
Back plate on the wheel hub and spacer, install new wheel-hub nuts. Tighten to: 37 ft. lbs. plus 30° (50 Nm)
- Brake caliper and fit the retaining bolts, securing them with Loctite or other thread-locking compound
- Back off the adjusting nut until the brake disc is just free to rotate.
- Lower the car and install wheel.
Refer to Wheel Hub in front suspension for removal and installation.