Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF .
Pull up the lock (A) of the ABS control unit 25P connector, then disconnect the connector.
Disconnect the brake tubes from the Hydraulic and Electronic Control Module (HECU) by unlocking the nuts counterclockwise with a spanner.
Loosen the 3 ABS HECU bracket bolts (A) and 1 nut (B), then remove the HECU and the bracket.
WARNINGNever attempt to disassemble the HECU. The HECU must be transported and stored in an upright position. Never cause shock to the HECU.
- Remove the 3 damper screws and washer, then remove the bracket.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the HECU mounting bolts/nut to: 72-84 inch lbs. (8-10 Nm).
- Tighten the HECU damper screws to: 109-124 inch lbs. (12-14 Nm).
- Tighten the HECU brake tubes to: 106-142 inch lbs. (12-16 Nm).