Bleeding air from the hydraulic clutch system is necessary whenever any part of the system has been disconnected or the fluid level (in the reservoir) has been allowed to fall so low that air has been drawn into the master cylinder.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Fill the clutch master cylinder reservoir with new hydraulic clutch fluid.
- Attach a hose to the bleeder on the clutch actuator and submerge the other end of the hose in a container of hydraulic clutch fluid.
- Have an assistant slowly depress and hold the clutch pedal.
- Loosen the bleeder to purge air.
- Tighten the bleeder.
- Repeat the above 3 steps until all air is completely purged from the system.
- Refill the clutch master cylinder reservoir.