Hyundai Santa Fe 2006-2008
Hyundai Veracruz 2007-2008
Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC-s) if applicable.
- Inspect the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical connection. Check the terminal for poor connections, loose wires, bent, broken, or corroded pins, and then verify that the connector is securely fastened.
- Turn ignition switch OFF.
- Disconnect ECT sensor connector.
- Remove the ECT sensor.
- After immersing the thermistor of the sensor into engine coolant, measure the resistance between the ECT terminals 1 and 3.
- Check that the resistance is within the specification according to the following chart.
Replace the ECT sensor if the component is not within specification.