Hyundai Santa Fe 2006-2008
Hyundai Veracruz 2007-2008
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Check the fuel gauge in the instrument cluster panel for an accurate reading of the fuel level in the tank.
- If the fuel gauge sticks at one extreme of the meter, no matter the fuel level in the tank, check for a break or short in the wiring from the fuel level sending unit.
- Check the fuel level sending unit by removing the fuel pump assembly. Refer to Fuel Pump, removal and installation.
- Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the terminals while moving the float up and down. If the resistance does not change smoothly, replace the fuel level sending unit.