- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the 2nd seat.
- Open the carpet above the fuel pump.
- Remove the service cover of the fuel pump.
Disconnect the fuel pump connector (A).
- Start the engine and wait until the fuel in the fuel line is exhausted.
- After the engine stops, Turn the ignition switch OFF .
Disconnect the fuel tank pressure sensor connector (A).
- Open the service cover of the sub fuel sender.
Disconnect the sub fuel sender connector (A) and the canister close valve connector (B).
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the muffler assembly.
- Remove the propeller shaft (4WD only).
- Support the fuel tank with a jack.
Disconnect the fuel feed tube quick-connector (A) and the vacuum tube quick-connector (B).
- Remove the bracket near the fuel tank air filter.
Disconnect the fuel filler hose (A) and the ventilation hose quick-connector (B).
- Disconnect the leveling tube quick-connector.
- Remove the fuel tank cover.
Remove the fuel tank band mounting nuts (A) and remove the fuel tank from the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Tighten the fuel tank band mounting nuts to: 29-40 ft. lbs. (39-54 Nm).