Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to Relieving Fuel System Pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Remove and discard the injector O-ring and grommet.
- Install a new grommet and O-ring.
- Apply a coating of spindle oil or gasoline to the injector O-ring.
Install the injector into the delivery pipe while turning the injector left and right making sure the injector turns smoothly. If the injector does not turn smoothly check for a jammed O-ring, remove the injector and reinsert it again.
Install or connect the following:
Delivery pipe (fuel rail) and injector assembly. Torque the bolts to 84-132 inch lbs. (10-15 Nm)
- Start the engine and check for proper operation.