- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Discharge and recover the air conditioning system refrigerant.
- Drain the engine coolant into a clean container for reuse.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONAfter disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait for at least 3 minutes for the SRS module to deplete its stored energy.
- Remove the bolts and expansion valve from the evaporate core and plug the lines.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater unit.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Tilt the steering column down to the lowest position.
- Remove the mounting screws for the cluster trim panel.
- Disconnect the trip sensor connector.
- Remove the gauge cluster fascia panel.
- Disconnect the hood release cable from the hood release handle.
- Remove the screws, bolts, and clips from the lower crash pad panels.
- Disconnect the self-diagnosis connector from the lower crash pad panel.
- Remove the lower crash pad panel.
- Remove the front console side trim.
- Remove the front console upper cover.
- Remove the front console mounting screws.
- Remove the front console.
- Remove the mounting screws and clips for the center fascia panel.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors to the center fascia panel.
- Remove the center fascia panel.
- Remove the radio and disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the heater control unit.
- Remove the gauge cluster mounting screws.
- Disconnect the cluster connectors and remove the gauge cluster.
- Disconnect the air damper wire and guide from the glove box.
- Disengage the hinge pins and remove the glove box.
- Remove the driver airbag module by removing the 2 mounting bolts.
- Remove the steering wheel center lock nut.
- Align the marks on the steering shaft and wheel.
Install Special Tool 09561-11002 to remove the steering wheel.
WARNINGDo not hammer on the steering wheel to remove. Damage to the steering column may occur.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Disconnect the 2 lower tightening bolts and remove the lower crash pad.
- Disconnect the passenger airbag connector.
- Remove the main crash pad.
- Remove the cross member.
- Remove the heater and evaporator unit.
- Remove the side bracket and lower cover for the unit to access the heater core.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
Observe the following:
Ensure the crash pad fits on the guide pins correctly and no wiring harnesses are pinched.