Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Record the radio anti-theft code data and any radio station presets that would be reprogrammed later.
Disconnect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONAfter disconnecting the negative battery cable, wait for at least 3 minutes for the SRS module to deplete its stored energy.
WARNINGWhen prying with a flat-tipped screwdriver, wrap it with protective tape and apply protective tape around the related parts, to prevent damage.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Remove the photo sensor (B).
- Disconnect the passenger-s air bag connector (A).
Remove the bolts and nuts, then remove the crash pad (C).
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Make sure the crash pad fits onto the guide pins correctly.
- Before tightening the bolts, make sure the crash pad wire harnesses are not pinched.
- Make sure the connectors are plugged in properly, and the antenna lead is connected properly.
- Enter the anti-theft code for the radio and radio station presets that were saved earlier.