Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Release the parking brake.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Install the caliper onto its mounting.
- Tighten the caliper mounting bolts: 36-43 ft. lbs. (50-60 Nm).
- Install the brake line to the caliper with new metal gaskets. Torque the brake line union bolt to 18-22 ft. lbs. (24-30 Nm).
- Bleed the system.
- Install the wheel.
Pump the brake pedal until the brake pads are seated and a firm pedal is achieved before attempting to move the vehicle.
CAUTIONDo not move the vehicle until a firm pedal is obtained.
- Road test the vehicle to check for proper brake operation.