Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the rear wheel.
- Remove the caliper mounting bolts, then lift the caliper assembly away from the brake rotor.
- Use a suitable piece of wire to suspend the caliper assembly. This will prevent the weight of the caliper from being supported by the brake flex hose which may damage the hose.
- Once the caliper body and brake pads are removed, unfasten the caliper bracket mounting bolts.
- Remove the bracket from the rotor.
- Remove the rotor retaining screws.
Remove the brake rotor.
WARNINGBe careful not to use a hammer. The disc can be damaged if you remove the disc from the hub by hammering.
Install or connect the following:
Pump the brake pedal until the brake pads are seated and a firm pedal is achieved before attempting to move the vehicle.
CAUTIONDo not move the vehicle until a firm pedal is obtained.
- Road test the vehicle to check for proper brake operation.