Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the brake disc rotor from the rear axle carrier assembly. Refer to Rear Disc Brakes, Rotor, removal & installation.
Remove the hub assembly mounting bolts (B) from the rear axle carrier (A).
Remove the hub assembly (B) and the parking brake assembly (C) from the rear axle carrier (A).
NOTEDo not disassemble the hub assembly.
- Check the hub for cracks and the splines for wear.
- Check the brake disc for scoring and damage.
- Check the rear axle carrier for cracks
- Check the bearing for cracks or damage.
- Replace the hub assembly if problems are found.
- Install the parking brake assembly and the hub assembly to the rear axle carrier.
- Install the hub assembly to the rear axle carrier and then tighten the mounting bolt to: 58-65 ft. lbs. (79-88 Nm).
- Install the brake disc to the rear axle carrier assembly. Tighten screw to: 43-52 inch lbs. (5-6 Nm).