Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the differential gear oil.
- Remove the rear drive shaft.
- Remove the propeller shaft.
Support the differential assembly (A) with the jack (B).
Disconnect the coupling control connector (A).
After loosening the differential mounting bolts (A), remove the differential (B).
After loosening the cover bolts (A), remove the differential cover (B).
- Apply liquid gasket to the differential cover (B).
- Install the mounting bolts (A). Tighten to: 29-36 ft. lbs. (39-49 Nm).
- Install the differential and tighten the mounting bolts to: 51-65 ft. lbs. (69-88 Nm).
- Using the transaxle jack, install the differential assembly.
- Connect the coupling control connector.
- Install the propeller shaft.
- Install the rear drive shaft.
- Fill the gear oil with the proper amount and type of gear oil.