Make sure the engine and radiator are cool to the touch prior to beginning this procedure in order to prevent scalding or burns.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the coolant down to thermostat level or below.
- Remove the coolant outlet fitting and gasket.
- Remove the thermostat.
- Check that the flange of the thermostat is correctly seated in the socket of the thermostat housing.
- Install the inlet fitting. Tighten the bolt to: 84-132 inch lbs. (10-15 Nm).
- Refill the coolant with the proper amount and type of fluid.
- Run the engine through warm-up and check for leaks.