- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative (-) terminal from the battery.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front muffler.
Disconnect the driveshaft (A) (also called the propeller shaft) by removing the 3 bolts.
- Disconnect the right halfshaft from the transfer case.
- Drain the fluid by removing the oil drain plug.
- After completely draining the fluid, install the oil drain plug. Torque: 29-43 ft. lbs. (40-60 Nm).
Remove the 4 mounting bolts (A) of the transfer case bracket.
Remove the transfer case assembly by removing the 6 mounting bolts (A).
For installation, use a new O-ring (47354-39300).
- Temporarily install the transfer case assembly to the transaxle and then tighten the 6 mounting bolts (A). Torque: 46-49 ft. lbs. (62-67 Nm).
- Install the 4 mounting bolts of the transfer case bracket. Torque: 34-37 ft. lbs. (47-51 Nm).
- Remove the filler plug and fill with the fluid and amount specified. Tighten the filler plug.
- Install the right halfshaft to the transfer case.
- Install the driveshaft to the transfer case. Torque: 36-51 ft. lbs. (50-70 Nm).
- Install the front muffler. Torque: 29-43 ft. lbs. (40-60 Nm).
- Connect the negative (-) terminal to the battery.