REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative, then the positive battery cable. Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the battery, battery hold-down device and tray.
- Remove the master cylinder or, if equipped, ABS control assembly mounting nuts, then remove and support the master cylinder or control assembly aside to allow for booster removal. Be careful not to bend or damage the brake lines.
- Disconnect the vacuum line at the power booster check valve.
- From under the dashboard, remove the retainer and washer from the booster pushrod, then remove the rod from the pedal pin.
- Remove the 4 retaining nuts, then remove the booster from the vehicle.
- Position the booster in the vehicle, but do not install the fasteners at this time.
- Connect the booster pushrod to the brake pedal pin using the retainer and washer, then tighten the 4 booster retaining nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum line to the check valve.
- Remove the support and reposition the master cylinder or ABS control assembly to the brake booster studs, then install and tighten the retaining nuts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the battery tray, hold-down device and battery.
- Install the air cleaner assembly. Connect the positive, then the negative battery cable.