There are 2 fuse or junction blocks in your Saturn vehicle. Both contain mini-fuses (small fuses with ratings from 5-30 amps), maxi-fuses (large fuses with ratings from 20-60 amps) and/or relays. The Under Hood Junction Block (UHJB) is located on the driver' side of the vehicle, near the battery. The Instrument Panel Junction Block (IPJB) is located at the base of the instrument panel center console, behind a trim piece on the passenger-s side.
Under Hood Junction Block (UHJB)
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the retaining screw, then remove the UHJB cover.
- Pull the fuse or relay from its terminals. A small plastic puller is provided to help secure a firm grip on the fuses.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Remove the lower right trim panel from the instrument panel center column. Separate the Velcro fastener at the bottom of the trim panel and carefully unsnap the top corners of the panel from the fasteners.
- Remove the applicable fuse or relay from the IPJB, based on the identification label located on the back of the trim panel. A plastic puller is also located on the trim panel to ease fuse removal.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.