REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- On 1991-94 models, carefully remove the center air outlet/trim panel by pulling outward at the clip locations. Start at the bottom and work upward to the top clips. Do not use instruments which might damage the trim panel.
- On 1995-98 models, remove the radio/HVAC controller cover by depressing the center pins inward to release the push pin fasteners. Be careful not to push the center pins all the way through the fasteners. Remove the push pin fasteners and pull the radio/HVAC controller cover rearward.
- If equipped, disengage the traction control/fog lamps/rear defogger electrical connector.
- Remove the 2 radio retaining screws located at the top of the unit, then carefully pull the radio forward and from the dashboard sufficiently to reach behind the unit. If equipped, push in the spring clips through the D-holes on each side of the radio brace.
- Unplug the radio's antenna and electrical connector, then remove the radio from the vehicle.
- Position the radio in front of the center outlet, then attach the wiring connector and antenna plug.
- Slide the radio into position and secure using the 2 retaining screws. Engage the spring clips on each side of the radio, if equipped.
- If equipped, engage the traction control/fog lamps/rear defogger electrical connector.
- On 1991-94 models, install the center air outlet/trim panel by pushing inward at the clip locations.
- On 1995-98 models, install the radio/HVAC controller cover by pushing in at the clip locations. Install and lock the push pin fasteners.
- Connect the negative battery cable.