REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- If equipped with a power right side mirror, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the screw from the mirror trim panel.
- Loosen the setscrew, then disconnect the cable from the trim panel on the manual mirror.
- Remove the trim panel from the vehicle.
- Remove the foam filler from the door frame.
- If equipped, unplug the wiring harness connector on the power mirror.
- Remove the nuts from the mirror assembly, then remove the mirror and seal from the vehicle.
- Install the seal onto the mirror assembly.
- If equipped, connect the wiring harness to the right side power mirror.
- Install the mirror assembly to the door, then tighten the retaining nuts to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm) on 1991-95 models, or 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) on 1996-98 models.
- Install the foam filler to the door frame.
- Install the mirror cable into the trim panel and tighten the setscrew to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm), for the manual mirror.
- Position the trim panel to the door frame, then secure using the screw.
- If equipped with a power right side mirror, connect the negative battery cable.