REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the outer door panel assembly. Refer to the sub-procedure under Door Locks, earlier in this section.
- For rear doors, loosen the bottom fastener of the rear door stationary window assembly, in order to provide clearance, then apply tape to the lower half of the outboard exposed portion of the stationary window channel. The tape must be applied in order to prevent damage to the paint surface.
- Lower the door glass, then use SA9148B, or an equivalent tool, to remove the glass nuts. Push the glass upward and rotate slightly, then remove the glass from the vehicle.
If the regulator is also to be removed, proceed as follows:
- Remove the inner door trim panel. Refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- If applicable, unplug the wiring harness from the power regulator.
- Except for the rear door, remove the regulator cam bolts.
- Drill out the regulator rivets and remove the regulator from the vehicle.
If removed, install the regulator to the door assembly:
- Position the regulator to the door and secure using rivets.
- Except for the rear door, install the cam bolts.
- If applicable, connect the wiring harness to the regulator.
- Install the inner door trim panel to the vehicle.
- Install the door glass into the door and over the regulator studs.
- Install the glass nuts using tool SA9148B, or equivalent.
- Check the door glass for proper operation and alignment.
- If necessary, adjust the glass alignment. For rear doors, fore/aft adjustments are made after loosening the B bolts, while in/out adjustments are made when the A bolts are loosened.
- Except for the rear doors, glass which is not running parallel to the door header may be adjusted after loosening the inner panel cam attachment bolts and adjusting the cam. If the glass is floating in the opening, lower the glass 3 / 4 downward, loosen the front guide fasteners, push the glass rearward to seat it in the rear channel, then bring the front glass guide back to the front edge of the glass. Apply a light finger pressure on the guide and tighten the fasteners.
- Once the glass has been properly adjusted and is operating smoothly, install the outer door panel assembly.