REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 15
To remove the lock cylinder or the power lock actuator from the door assembly, the outer door panel must first be removed, as follows:
- If working on a front door, remove the side mirror from the door assembly. Refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Disengage the outer seal strip by pulling upward at the rear. If necessary, use a putty knife which has its blade covered with tape to gently pry the sealing strip from the flange.
- Push the center portion of the handle pushpins through the pins, then pull the pins from the handle. Slide the handle off the pivot assembly and remove the handle from the vehicle.
- Remove the door panel screws. Remove the door panel by first pulling the front, then the rear outward and finally the entire panel.
- Inspect the foam tape fillers at the front edge of the door panel and replace, if damaged.
- Once the outer door panel has been removed, partially remove the door insulator, if any. Disconnect the lock rod from the cylinder.
- If equipped with power door locks, unplug the harness and the harness retainer.
- Remove retainer, then remove the lock cylinder from the door assembly.
- Install the lock cylinder and secure using the retainer. Place the door insulator back to proper position.
- If applicable, connect the harness and harness retainer.
- Connect the lock rod to the cylinder.
- If removed or replacing, install the foam tape panels at the front edge of the outer door panels, as illustrated. Replacement fillers may be cut to the proper lengths using a suitable foam of the same thickness.
- If removed, install the foam seal strip to the perimeter of the door structure.
- Install the outer door panel alignment pins into net hole and slot in the door structure outer reinforcement.
- Install the door panel screws, then tighten in the proper sequence to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the door handle by lifting the pivot assembly and sliding the handle on the pivot. Insert the pushpins to secure the handle assembly.
- Install the outer sealing strip by aligning the location tab at the rear of the strip with the slot in the door panel. Fully seat the strip by pushing the strip down on the flange, working from the rear forward.
- If applicable, install the side mirror to the door assembly. Refer to the procedure earlier in this section.