REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
- If equipped with power windows, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- For front door panels, remove the screws and the mirror trim panel. If equipped with a manual remote mirror, allow the panel to hang from the adjustment cable.
- For rear door panels, remove the inner belt seal from the trim panel. If necessary, use a putty knife which has its blade covered with tape to gently pry the sealing strip from the flange.
- If equipped, remove the power door lock switch by prying out at the top of the switch with a small, straight screwdriver. Make sure the screwdriver tip is covered with tape to protect the surfaces. Unplug the wiring harness and remove the switch.
- Remove the screws, then slide the door handle assembly forward and pull the assembly outward. Use a long, thin screwdriver to disengage the lock and latch rods from the retainers, then remove the handle assembly from the vehicle.
- If equipped with manual windows, disengage the regulator handle clips using a standard handle tool or by working a cloth back and forth between the handle and the bearing plate. Once disengaged, remove the handle and plate from the door.
- Remove the screws and the door pull cup.
- For front door panels, remove the inner belt sealing strip.
- For the Coupe, remove the screw from the rear of the door trim panel.
- Disengage the door trim panel retainers from the door assembly using a trim panel tool, then remove the panel from the vehicle.
- Position the trim panel to the door assembly, then engage the retainers by pressing firmly at the panel retainer locations.
- Install the door pull cup and screws, then tighten the screws to 22 inch lbs. (2.2 Nm).
- If equipped, install the manual window regulator handle clip on the handle, then install the bearing plate and handle. The handle should be pointing in a forward and slightly upward position with the window closed.
- Position the door handle assembly to the trim panel, then tip the handle outward at the top. Using a thin hook shaped tool, lift the latch and lock rods into the retainers and engage the clamps. Push the handle into the trim panel and slide it rearward to engage the tabs. Install and tighten the retaining screws.
- If equipped, connect the wiring harness to the power door lock switch and install the switch into the handle assembly.
- Install the inner belt sealing strip.
- For front doors, install the mirror trim panel and tighten the retaining screw(s).
- If applicable, connect the negative battery cable.