REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the regulator from the door assembly. Refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Except for the rear doors, drill a hole through the regulator sector gear and backplate. Install the bolt and nut to lock the sector gear in position. Be careful not to drill a hole closer than 7 / 16 in. (11mm) from the edge of the sector. Also, do not drill through the lift arm attaching portion of the sector gear, or the joint integrity will be jeopardized.
- Drill out the ends of the motor attaching rivets using a 1 / 4 in. bit.
- Remove the motor and the remaining portions of the rivets from the regulator. Except for the rear doors, one rivet will not be accessible until assembly.
- Position the new motor to the regulator. With the aid of an assistant, install new rivets by collapsing or crushing the rivet ends using a ball peen hammer.
- Except for the rear doors, once two of the three rivets have been installed, remove the bolt securing the sector gear to the backplate, then use an appropriate electrical source (such as the vehicle' window motor harness) to rotate the regulator, providing access to the remaining rivet.
- Except for the rear doors, use a flat nosed rotary file to grind off one sector gear tooth from the side which does not contact the driven gear. This is necessary to reach the remaining rivet. Remove the old rivet, then install the remaining new rivet.
- Install the regulator to the door assembly.