REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Inner Lower Trim Panel
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the liftgate.
- Remove the wedge blocks from either end of the liftgate assembly.
- Remove the lower fasteners from the liftgate lower trim panel, by pushing in the center of each pin approximately 1 / 8 inch until it clicks, then remove the fastener.
- Insert a screwdriver or small prybar into the hole in the lower trim panel (located near the wiper pivot on the pivot hump) so that the tool sits on top of the pivot as shown. Lift up on the tool handle to disengage the trim panel upper clips, then remove the inner lower trim panel from the vehicle.
- Align the upper clips on the lower trim panel to the liftgate slots, then install the panel by pushing at the clip locations.
- Reset the trim panel push-in fasteners by spreading the center pin tabs and moving the pin so that it sits approximately 1 / 4 in. out of the fastener. Insert the fasteners into the bottom of the trim panel and push the center pin until flush.
- Install the liftgate wedge blocks.
- Close the liftgate.
See Figure 3
- Raise the liftgate, then remove the access panel from the top of the liftgate molding.
- Unplug the liftgate harness from the body wiring harness.
- Remove the liftgate inner lower trim panel assembly. Refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Remove the fasteners from the top and lower end of the liftgate window upper garnish molding. Push the center pin of each fastener approximately 1 / 8 inch until it clicks, then remove the fastener.
- Grasp the garnish molding at the lower ends and pull downward to disengage the clips on the molding upper sides. Disengage the wiring harness attachments from the trim panel, then remove the molding from the vehicle.
- Attach the liftgate harness to the upper molding, then align the guide pins and clips on the molding with the holes in the liftgate. Push on the molding at the clip locations to secure the molding to the liftgate.
- Install the liftgate inner lower trim panel assembly.
- Connect the liftgate harness to the body wiring harness, then install the access panel.
- Close the liftgate.