REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the outer door panel assembly.
- For the Coupe, remove the door inner trim panel assembly. Refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- For the Coupe, partially remove the rear 1 / 2 of the water shield for access to the rivets.
- Disconnect the actuator from the lock rod, then unplug the wiring harness.
- Drive the rivet center pin rearward sufficiently to drill out the head of the rivet. Drill out the rivet(s) and remove the actuator from the door assembly.
- For the Sedan and Wagon, cut the remaining portion of the rivets short, then push through the hole in the door assembly. Disconnect the inner door trim panel lower fasteners, then pry out the panel slightly and allow the rivets to fall.
- For the Sedan and Wagon rear door, install the foam spacer. Failure to install a spacer will cause rattles.
- Install the actuator using rivets, then connect the harness and actuator rod. For the Coupe, install the rear 1 / 2 of the water shield.
- Reposition and fasten or install the door assembly trim panel, as applicable.
- Install the outer door panel assembly.