REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- If removing the driver' seat, disconnect the negative battery cable, then remove the CPA device and unplug the seat buckle wire connector.
- Push the lap belt through the seat guide loop, if equipped.
- Remove the 4 seat adjuster-to-vehicle attaching bolts, then carefully remove the seat assembly from the vehicle. Place the seat on a clean, protected surface.
- Position the seat in the vehicle while aligning it to the fastener mounting holes on the vehicle floor.
- If installing the driver' seat, connect the wiring harness to the buckle connector, then install the CPA device.
- Check that the seat adjusters are timed properly by making sure all adjuster mounting tabs are tight against their mounting surfaces and all bolt holes are aligned.
- Apply a coat of Loctite® 242, or an equivalent threadlock, to the 4 seat adjuster bolts, then install the bolts and tighten to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Install the lap belt through the seat guide loop, if equipped.
- If applicable, connect the negative battery cable.
- Check to be certain that all features of the seat mechanism operate properly.
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
- To remove the cushion from the Coupe, remove the inserts and fasteners, then remove the rear seat center console. Disengage the seat cushion front floor clips and guide the cushion out of the rear attachment.
- To remove the cushion from the Sedan and Wagon, push on the retainer tabs located at the bottom of the seat cushion assembly, then lift the front of the cushion from under the seat backs, guide the seat belt buckles through the cushion and remove the cushion assembly from the vehicle.
To remove the seat backs:
- Release the latch and tilt the seat forward.
- disengage the cargo floor carpet from the seat back.
- Remove the plastic clip from the outboard pivot pin.
- Slide the seat back toward the outside of the vehicle in order to position the pivot pin relief slot at the floor bracket, then lift the pivot pin out of the floor bracket.
- Lift the seat back out of the outboard floor bracket and remove the seat back from the vehicle.To install:
If removed, install the seat backs:
- Guide the seat back assembly onto the center pivot pin.
- Align the outer pivot pin relief with outer bracket, then guide the pin into the bracket.
- Slide the seat back inboard to engage the pivot pin into the bracket.
- Install the outboard pivot pin clip.
- Engage the cargo floor carpet with the seat backs.
- Install the cushion in the Sedan or Wagon by positioning the cushion (rear edge first). Secure the wire frame correctly at the center buckle and pull the center lap belt through the seat cushion. Guide the seat cushion front floor clips into their floor pan holes, then push firmly on the front of the seat to engage the clips.
- Install the cushion in the Coupe, by positioning the cushion with the rear edge first, then securing the wire frame at the center buckle. Install the rear center console, fasteners and inserts.