REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- For the Sedan, disconnect the negative battery cable, then remove the trunk lid center panel assembly or reflector.
- For the Coupe, remove the reflex panels from both sides of the trunk lid.
- Disconnect the lock rod from the cylinder.
- For the Sedan, remove the license plate, then remove the inner and outer retainers securing the lower outer panel. Pull the panel outward, disconnect the bulb sockets from the lamps and remove the panel from the vehicle.
- For the Coupe, remove the screws, plastic retainers and the lower panel from the trunk lid.
- Remove the sealing sleeve, lock cylinder retainer, reinforcement and the lock cylinder from the lower panel.
- Install the lock cylinder to the panel, then install the reinforcement and the retainer to the cylinder. Install the sealing sleeve.
- Position the panel to the vehicle. For the Sedan, connect the bulb sockets.
- Install the lower panel and tighten the retainers. For the Coupe, be sure to follow the proper sequence as illustrated, then install the plastic retainers.
- Connect the lock rod to the cylinder using the retaining clip.
- For the Sedan, install the center panel or reflector using the retaining nuts, then connect the negative battery cable.
- For the Coupe, install the reflex panels. Make sure the fastener sealing feature is intact. If necessary, apply a body caulking compound to seal against water intrusion.