REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the rear of the vehicle and support it safely using jackstands, then remove the rear wheels.
- Position a drain pan under the left rear brake line, at the brake line hose junction, and disconnect the line from the hose. Plug the brake line and hose to prevent excessive fluid loss and to avoid the possibility of contamination.
- Remove the right and left stabilizer bar link-to-bracket fasteners.
- Remove the stabilizer bar-to-crossmember fasteners.
- Loosen, but do not remove, the left lateral link-to-knuckle fastener.
- Remove the left trailing arm-to-knuckle nut, then remove the body fasteners. Slide the arm from the knuckle and remove it from the vehicle.
- Remove the left lateral link fastener and pivot the links downward, away from the knuckle.
- Note the position of the brake line to the crossmember, then unfasten the crossbody brake line by unsnapping the fasteners from the crossmember.
Attempting to remove the stabilizer bar from the crossmember without first loosening the brake lines, may result in a bent/damaged line which must be replaced.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the crossmember and the vehicle.
- Install the stabilizer bar to the crossmember and secure using the bracket fasteners. Tighten the retaining bolts to 41 ft. lbs. (55 Nm).
- Pivot the lateral links into the knuckle and loosely install the fastener, but do not tighten at this time.
- Slide the trailing arm into the knuckle and loosely install the fastener grommets, washer and nut. Install the arm-to-body fasteners and tighten to 89 ft. lbs. (120 Nm), then tighten the nut at the knuckle to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm).
- Tighten the lateral link-to-knuckle fastener to 122 ft. lbs. (165 Nm).
- Remove the plugs from the brake line and hose, then connect the fitting and tighten to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Install the crossbody brake line to the crossmember by snapping the fasteners into the member. Make sure the line is positioned as noted during removal.
- Install the rear stabilizer bar links-to-bracket fasteners and tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Properly bleed the brake system. Refer to the procedure in Brakes of this repair guide.
- Install the wheel.
- Remove the supports and lower the vehicle.