The PCV valve is located in a grommet attached to the top of the rocker or camshaft cover. For crankcase ventilation system testing, refer to Emission Controls .
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the hose from the PCV valve.
- Remove the PCV valve from the camshaft cover grommet.
- Check the PCV valve for deposits and clogging. The valve should rattle when shaken. If the valve does not rattle, clean the valve with solvent until the plunger is free or replace the valve.
- Check the PCV hose and the valve cover grommet for clogging and signs of wear or deterioration. Replace as necessary.
- Connect the PCV hose to the PCV valve.
- Install the PCV valve in the valve cover grommet.