REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Make sure that the wiper is in the PARK position, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm/blade assembly from the liftgate.
- Raise the liftgate, then remove the wedge block from each side of the liftgate assembly.
- Remove the lower fasteners from the liftgate lower trim panel, by pushing in the center of each push pin approximately 1 / 8 in. until it clicks, then remove the fastener.
- Insert a screwdriver or small prybar into the hole in the lower trim panel (located near the wiper pivot on the pivot hump) so that the tool sits on top of the pivot as shown. Lift up on the tool handle to disengage the trim panel upper clips, then remove the trim panel.
- Remove the fasteners from the rear wiper module, then disconnect the washer hose from the module check valve.
- Remove the module from the liftgate.
- Position the wiper module to the liftgate and connect the washer hose to the check valve.
- Install the module fasteners and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the grommet, washer and nut on the wiper module pivot shaft, then tighten the nut to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Align the upper clips on the lower trim panel to the liftgate slots, then install the panel by pushing at the clip locations.
- Reset the trim panel push-in fasteners by spreading the center pin tabs and moving the pin so that it sits approximately 1 / 4 in. outside the fastener. Insert the fasteners into the bottom of the trim panel and push the center pin until flush.
- Install the liftgate wedge blocks.
- Install the rear wiper pivot bushing.
- Install the rear wiper arm/blade assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable and verify proper system operation.