REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the wiring harness from the pump motor.
- Remove the fastener attaching the washer reservoir to the vehicle.
- Lift the assembly and release the lower attachment tab on the reservoir.
- Carefully remove the fluid hose from the pump. Be sure to avoid spilling fluid on painted surfaces.
- Remove the washer reservoir/pump assembly from the vehicle.
- If necessary, drain the fluid into a clean container and remove the pump from the reservoir. Inspect the grommet and replace it if worn.
- If removed, install the pump motor to the reservoir. Be sure that the grommet is in place. Lubricate the grommet with light oil or grease, then insert the pump's inlet spout into the grommet and push against the reservoir until the pump is fully seated.
- Connect the fluid hose to the pump.
- Position the reservoir into the vehicle and fasten the engagement tab.
- Install and tighten the reservoir fastener.
- Connect the wiring harness to the pump.
- If necessary, fill the reservoir with washer solvent.
- Connect the negative battery cable and verify proper system operation.