REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Originally, stock blades for the front wiper blade/arm assemblies were not replaceable separately. However, this may not be the case on later models (or on vehicles whose original parts have been replaced). On those models with replaceable blades, the wiper arm need not be detached.
If wiper arm reval is necessary:
- Lift up the wiper arm finish cap, then loosen the retaining nut using a wrench.
- Lift the wiper blade away from the windshield and remove the blade/arm assembly.
- If a separate replacement blade is available, remove the wiper blade from the arm. Typically, this requires pivoting the wiper blade 90 degrees, then unhooking it. (Refer to the photo.) If you encounter a different design, such as a blade with a retaining clip, depress the clip to release the blade.
- If applicable, install the replacement blade onto the wiper arm, making sure it locks into place.
- If the wiper arm was removed, position the wiper arm/blade assembly onto the pivot shaft, then install the retaining nut and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm). Install or position the finish cap over the retaining nut.