REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 17
- Make sure that the wipers are in the PARK position, then disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Close the hood, then remove the wiper arm finish cap and wiper arm fastening nut. Lift the blade away from the windshield and remove the blade/arm assembly. Repeat for the other blade.
- Remove the cowl trim fasteners at the windshield edge of the panel, then open the hood and remove the remaining fasteners. Carefully remove the cowl trim panel.
- Remove the screw caps from the instrument panel top cover, then remove the retaining screws. Carefully remove the cover by lifting at the rear edge, to disengage the retaining clips, and sliding the panel out of the windshield clips.
- Disconnect the defroster duct from the HVAC module and reposition it towards the glove box to expose the wiper module rear fasteners.
- Remove the wiper module fasteners and reposition the module slightly to disconnect the wiring from the motor and module frame. Carefully remove the wiper module and motor assembly from the top of the instrument panel.
- Remove the crank arm nut and disconnect the arm from the motor shaft, then remove the wiper motor attaching screws and remove the motor from the module.
- Verify that the motor is in the PARK position. If necessary, temporarily connect the motor wiring and the negative battery cable, turn the wiper control ON then OFF and the motor will move to the correct position.
- Install the motor to the module. Position the motor crank arm at the 9 o'clock position and install the arm onto the motor shaft. Install a new retaining nut and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Position the wiper module assembly into the vehicle and connect the wiring to the wiper motor and to the module frame.
Whenever possible during the remaining steps, the vehicle manufacturer recommends using new fasteners, as the torque retention of the old fasteners may be insufficient.
- Install the module retaining bolts and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the cowl trim panel.
- Install the wiper arm assemblies and tighten the nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Position the defroster duct to the HVAC module.
- Install the instrument panel top cover and screws, then insert the panel cover screw caps.
- Connect the negative battery cable and verify proper system operation.