Pedal Free Play
- Depress the pedal until clutch resistance begins to be felt. Standard pedal free play is 0.197-0.591 in. (5-15 mm).
- Gently depress the pedal until the resistance begins to increase a little. Standard push rod play at pedal top is 0.039-0.197 in. (1-5 mm).
Loosen the lock nut and turn the push rod until correct free play and push rod play are obtained. Tighten the lock nut to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
NOTEAfter adjusting the pedal free play, check the pedal height.
- Loosen the lock nut and turn the stopper bolt until the pedal height is 5.287-5.681 in. (134.3-144.3 mm).
Tighten the lock nut to 13 ft. lbs. (18 Nm).
- Pull the parking brake lever and install wheel chocks.
- Start the engine and run it at idle.
- Without depressing the clutch pedal, slowly move the shift lever into reverse until the gears contact.
Gradually depress the clutch pedal and measure the stroke distance from the point that the gear noise stops (release point) up to the full stroke end position. Standard distance is 0.98 in. (25 mm) or more.