Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Install the exhaust manifold with a new gasket. Tighten the bolts in sequence to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Exhaust manifold heat shield. Tighten to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Refill the engine with oil to the correct level.
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.