Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Loosen the intake manifold bolts and nuts, using several passes, in the sequence shown.
Remove the intake manifold and gasket.
- Install the intake manifold with a new gasket.
In several steps, tighten the mounting bolts and nuts in the sequence shown to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
- Refill the cooling system to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.