Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
- Disconnect the halfshaft from the axle hub.
- Remove the lower shock absorber mounting bolts.
- Using Special Tool 09628-62011 or suitable puller, remove the lower ball joint from the steering knuckle.
Use a new split pin for assembly.
- Install the ball joint and torque the mounting nut to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm)
- Install the halfshaft to the front axle. Tighten the steering knuckle mounting bolts to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm).
Install or connect the following :
Lower control arm mounting bolts. Tighten to 66 ft. lbs. (89 Nm).
- Check and/or adjust the wheel alignment.