- Drain the engine coolant to a level below the thermostat.
- Remove the 2 nuts and disconnect the water inlet from the cylinder block.
- Remove the thermostat. Thoroughly clean the gasket mating surfaces.
Position a new gasket onto the thermostat, then install the thermostat with the jiggle valve facing upward.
NOTEThe jiggle valve may be set within 10° of either side as shown in the accompanying illustration.
Install the water inlet and tighten to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
NOTEEnsure that the gasket is not stuck between the water inlet and cylinder black.
- Refill the engine cooling system to the correct level.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.