- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
- Remove the instrument panel from the vehicle.
Remove the 3 screws that secure the blend door actuator to the bottom of the HVAC housing.
NOTEWhen removing the actuator, note the position of the actuator shaft and its respective linkage for installation reference.
- Remove the blend door actuator from the HVAC housing and disconnect the HVAC wire harness connector from the actuator.
Install the blend door actuator onto the bottom of the HVAC housing. If necessary, rotate the actuator slightly to align the splines on the actuator output shaft with those on the blend door cam.
- Install the 3 screws that secure the blend door actuator to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the HVAC wire harness connector to the blend door actuator.
- Install the instrument panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.