On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait 2 minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
Remove the instrument panel silencer from the passenger side of the instrument panel:
- Remove the 2 push-in fasteners under the right end of the instrument panel.
- Maneuver the part off the center floor distribution duct in order to remove.
- Disconnect the wire harness connector from the blower motor.
- Remove the 3 screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing.
Remove the blower motor from the HVAC housing by rotating and tilting the motor as needed for clearance of the blower wheel.
- Position the blower motor into the HVAC housing.
- Install the 3 screws that secure the blower motor to the HVAC housing. Tighten the screws to 18 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Connect the wire harness connector to the blower motor.
- Install the instrument panel silencer onto the passenger side of the instrument panel.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.