Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the engine oil.
Remove or disconnect the following:
The oil pan and discard the gasket
During installation of the balance shafts to the crankshaft, the proper timing procedure must be followed to prevent internal engine damage.
- Install the balance shafts and carrier on the crankshaft. Torque the bolts to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Turn the balance shafts until both key ways are pointing up. Install the short hub drive gear on the sprocket driven shaft.
Make certain that the key ways and the gear timing marks are properly aligned.
- Install the gear cover and torque the double-ended stud and washer to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm).
- Align the flat of the balance shaft drive sprocket to the flat on the crankshaft.
- Install the balance shaft drive sprocket to the crankshaft with Special Tool 6052.
- Turn the crankshaft until the No. 1 cylinder is at Top Dead Center (TDC).
- Make certain that the timing marks on the chain spro