Removal & Installation
1.6L, 1.8L & 2.0L Engines
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
Clean the gasket surfaces and check the manifold for cracks and warpage.
- Install the exhaust manifold with a new gasket.
- On 1.6L and 1.8L engines, tighten the mounting nuts with washers in sequence to 19-21 ft. lbs. (26-29 Nm).
- On 2.0L engines, torque the fasteners from the center outward in several stages to 27-35 ft. lbs. (37-48 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Temperature sensors, O 2 sensors and air induction pipes
- Start the engine and check for exhaust leaks.