- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain the fluid from the transaxle.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Both battery cables
- Slide the transmission away from the engine and lower the transmission assembly.
Install the transaxle mounting bolts in the proper location as noted during removal.
- On 1.6L and 1.8L engines: torque the 2 bottom bolts to 12-15 ft. lbs. (16-21 Nm) and all other bolts to 22-30 ft. lbs. (30-40 Nm).
- On 2.0L engines: torque the 2 bottom bolts to 23-31 ft. lbs. (31-42 Nm) and all other bolts to 51-59 ft. lbs. (70-79 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Left side and rear engine to transmission mounts
- Fill the transmission with clean oil to the proper level.
- Start the vehicle, check for leaks and repair if necessary.