Nissan Sentra 1997-1999
To remove and install thermostat, refer to illustration and water pump procedure.
Nissan Sentra 1997-2001
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower radiator hose.
- Remove the water inlet and take out the thermostat.
To install perform the following:
Install gum ring to thermostat
- To complete installation, reverse remaining removal procedure.
- Fill the cooling system.
- After installation, run engine for a few minutes and check for leaks.