Nissan Sentra 2007-2012
Be sure to read -General Precautions- before working on the fuel system. Refer to Precautions in the General Information Section.
Check fuel level with the vehicle on a level surface. If the fuel gauge indicates more than the level as shown (
full), drain fuel from the fuel tank until the fuel gauge indicates level as shown (
full) in the accompanying illustration.
NOTEFuel will be spilled when removing fuel pump assembly if fuel level is above the fuel pump assembly installation surface.
NOTEAs a guide, fuel level is at the level as shown (in the accompanying illustration) or below when approximately 3 1/8 gal of fuel is drained from a full fuel tank.
NOTEIn case fuel pump does not operate, perform the following procedure.
- Insert fuel tubing of less than 0.98 in. (25 mm) in diameter into fuel filler tube through fuel filler opening to drain fuel from fuel filler tube.
- Disconnect fuel filler hose from fuel filler tube.
- Insert fuel tubing into fuel tank through fuel filler hose to drain fuel from fuel tank.
- Open fuel door and unscrew the fuel filler cap to release the pressure inside the fuel tank.
- Release the fuel pressure from the fuel lines. Refer to Gasoline Fuel Injection System in the Fuel Systems Section.