Removal & Installation
- Release the fuel pressure.
- Remove quick connector cap from quick connector connection.
Disconnect fuel feed hose from hose clamp.
WARNINGInserting quick connector release hard will not disconnect quick connector. Hold quick connector release where it contacts and goes no further.
WARNINGPull quick connector holding -A- position. Do not pull with lateral force applied. O-ring inside quick connector may be damaged. Do not bend or twist connection between quick connector and fuel feed hose.
With the sleeve side of quick connector release facing quick connector, install quick connector release onto fuel tube.
Draw and pull out quick connector straight from fuel tube.
To keep clean the connecting portion and to avoid damage and foreign materials, cover them completely with plastic bags or something similar.
- Remove intake manifold.
- Remove fuel tube bolts.
Remove the fuel tube and fuel injector assembly.
WARNINGWhen removing, be careful to avoid any interference with fuel injector.
Remove fuel injector from fuel tube with the following procedure:
Open and remove clip.
- Lubricate O-ring with new engine oil and fit them onto the injector. The engine-side O-ring is green, the fuel rail O-ring is black. Be careful not to twist or stretch O-rings.
- Slowly insert injector straight into fuel tube. Never twist it.
- Fit fuel injectors into the cylinder head and torque the bolts to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the fuel hose quick connector and pressurize the fuel system to check for leaks. The pump will run for two seconds each time the ignition switch is turned ON .
- Install the intake manifold.