There are two thermostats on these engines. The lower one is referred to as a -thermostat,- while the upper one is referred to as a -water control valve.-
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove front air duct and engine undercover as necessary.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove radiator lower hose.
Remove engine coolant inlet and thermostat.
- Fit a new rubber ring on the thermostat, making sure the flange seats properly inside the ring.
- Install the thermostat with the jiggle valve facing upwards. The position deviation may be within the range of +/- 10°.
- To complete installation, reverse remaining removal procedure
- Fill the cooling system.
- After installation, run engine for a few minutes and check for leaks.