Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Remove the engine and transaxle from the vehicle as an assembly. See Engine Removal & Installation.
- Separate the engine from the transaxle.
- Insert a clutch disc centering tool into the clutch disc hub for support.
- Loosen the pressure plate bolts evenly in reverse order of the tightening sequence, a little at a time to prevent distortion
- Remove clutch assembly.
- Remove CSC from clutch housing.
- Install a new CSC and torque the bolts to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
Apply a light coating of chassis lube to the splines on the transaxle input shaft.
WARNINGKeep grease off CSC to prevent fluid leakage.
- Fit the clutch disc in place using the centering tool.
- Install the pressure plate and all bolts finger tight.
Torque the pressure plate bolts in a crisscross pattern, first to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm), then to 19 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
NOTEDO NOT draw the transaxle to the engine with the bolts. This may damage the clutch and/or transaxle.
Remove the clutch disc centering tool.
- Install or connect the following:
- Install Engine/Transaxle assembly into the vehicle.
- Bleed the clutch cylinders.