Removal & Installation
- Remove engine and transaxle assembly and separate them.
- Remove clutch and flywheel or drive plate.
On other engines, carefully pry rear oil seal out with a suitable tool. Be careful to not damage sealing surfaces on the engine block or crankshaft.
- Apply RTV sealant to entire outside area of new rear oil seal.
- Fit the seal into place with the longer lip towards the outside of the engine.
- Press the seal flush with the engine block or seal retainer using a suitable press tool. Make sure the seal is not tilted or curled. Wipe away any excess sealant.
- Torque the bolts to 78 inch lbs. (9 Nm).